- Clean skimmer baskets
- Empty out Polaris bag if needed (when reattaching the bag make sure the word Polaris on the bag faces the front of the unit)
- Test your swimming pool water with your kit or your test strips or click here for more water balancing info.Make sure to
- Maintain between a 1.5-2.5 chlorine level
- Make sure your ph is between 7.4-7.8
- Make sure your alkalinity is between 100-125
- Check your filter pump basket for debris/leaves *if you need to empty this basket make SURE your pump is off anytime you fool with your pool equipment, when finished cleaning out the basket make sure the basket goes into the pump correctly with the grove. Then before putting the lid on run a water hose into the basket area for about 1 minute and quickly hand-tighten the lid back on and then turn pump back on to prime the pump.
- Make sure your water level is HALF way up your pool tile to ensure water is going into your pump.
- Have your water’s calcium hardiness checked or get a kit. You MUST maintain a level between 275-300 ppm.
- Check your filters pressure and see if it is time to clean it or backwash it.
Every 3 months
If you have a salt water pool, clean the salt cell. To do this undo the 2 unions on each side of the cell. Then get a 5 gallon bucket, apply 1 gallon of acid and 3 gallons of water, then soak the cell for 3 hours. After, put the cell back in and hand tighten the unions, then throw the water in the bucket, into the pool. *** Remember to have pumps off while doing this***
Every 6 months to every year
It’s time to clean the filter if you have the Clean and Clear cartridge filter. See the video below so that you can do it yourself or call us and you can have us do it for you.